Pinterest has eventually come up with official business accounts and you must be looking to know why Pinterest took this step? The simple answer you might have in your mind is the increase use of the site….but I have some solid statistics to share with you.
Pinerest started its career as a site made for the consumer and not for the business. As the time passed, the company while growing, started monitoring who was the user of its pinning site, how he was using it and what were the results of this use. All this analysis was made so as to prove the need for the business accounts.
Although Pinterest has not shared and released reports regarding its testing, but research has been made by various statistical companies. I have collect 12 most important statistics about pinterest to let you know why created accounts for the business.
12 Statistics of Interest for Companies to use Pinterest
- The buyers of Pinterest spend more money than others. They make shopping more frequently than others and purchase more items than any other top 5 social media sites (Source: comScore)
- USA consumers who use Pinterest follow an average of 9.3 retail companies on the site. (Source: shop.org)
- Pinterest pins that include prices receive 36% more likes than those which do not. . (Source: Shopify)
- Since the month of January 2012, pinterest daily pinterest users have increased by 145%. (Source: Shopify)
- Whether it is a matter of awareness or we are talking about visitation; Pinterest excels with 36% online consumers and 19% visiting. (Source: BizRate Insights)
- As for the generation of revenue is concerned, it generates over 4x as much revenue per click as twitter and 27% more revenue per click than fb. (Source: BizRate Insights)
- Among the consumers who purchase online, 47% make their purchase as recommended by the Pinterest. (Source: BlogHer)
- So far as the reliability is concerned, 81% online consumers of U.S have a trust on what Pinterest advises them. (Source:BlogHer)
- Almost 1090 visitors are being attracted by the pinterest in one minute. (Source: Soci@l Jumpstart)
- Talking of the retention and engagement of the users, the number is 2 to 3 times greater than Twitter made at a similar time of operations. (Sourcae: RJ Metrics)
- Pinterest generates direct sale from its site. Among the people who have their accounts on pinterest, 21 % are those who buy an item after seeing it on Pinterest. (Sources: comScore and Nielsen)
- The referral traffic generation for businesses is much more greater that Google+, You tube and Linkedin combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
Now you must be thinking why you haven’t started using pinterest yet for you business. All these stats clearly tells you how Pinterest is different and preferable for gaining traffic and sales. It is obvious for a pinning site to use such statistics to gain and create more business accounts. This would contribute a lot towards making their marketing campaign strong and profitable.